Thursday, June 23, 2011

Claire's Spring Break

Obviously I realize that a post about spring break is entirely ridiculous given that it is currently the middle of June.
But, given that a post about spring break also starts with a picture like this one, which obviously indicates that mother nature is totally off her rocker, I'm just going to go with it.

Truth be told, I'm so behind on my posts right now, that the sheer volume of pictures and posts demanding my attention is making me want to run away and hide. Which, I've obviously done for the last 2 months. But, there's no more hiding. I'm putting my foot down. It's time to get back to business.

The fact that I'm actually about to run out of room on my camera's memory card has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Honest.

So, anyway, as you can see. The first day of Claire's spring break didn't exactly herald a week full of warm weather and fun day trips to the park.

It snowed.

At the end of March.

And then it proceeded to rain the rest of the week. We spent a lot of time baking, going shopping, and thinking of fun ways to pass the time indoors. With 2 children who aren't used to spending all day with each other. Ideal spring break? No.

It was agonizing.

And, because Mother Nature is as hormonal as all women, the weather did warm up enough a few days later to allow for Claire and Shawn to begin work on our garden.


Okay, mostly, Shawn worked and Claire "supervised."


I've taught her well.


And while Grandma's spring break didn't coincide with Claire's this year, she did come down a few weeks later for a visit. Everyone is always happy to see Grandma.






Okay, so that's one post down. Maybe in the next few days I'll actually catch up enough to post some pictures taken in this season.


Maybe.


Don't hold your breath.

No comments: