Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cue the Hormones

So, the same weekend that Shawn was working on the "Extreme" house (see post below), I had the pleasure of visiting with some old and some very new friends.

Rachel and I have been friends for nigh on 100 years now, and while we don't get to see each other much anymore, we still keep in touch and make every effort to get together as often as possible. One of her younger sisters lives in this area, and she just had her first baby. So, Rachel was itching to make the trip to see her new nephew, and I was able to visit with her and her family and meet not only the newest baby but also Rachel's youngest son who was born this past summer.

Shawn was pretty adamant that I not hold the babies too much lest I return with my female hormones demanding that we have another baby. I think I escaped mostly unscathed, but gee golly were those little boys so darn precious!



Just look at this little peanut. My children were never this small, so I just couldn't get over how tiny and darling he was.




Proud momma, Sarah. I am still in awe of the Fletcher women who are able to give birth and just days (hours) later look so great. Apparently they have boundless energy too. Just three days after giving birth, Sarah was out shopping, and I will never, ever forget that Rachel had a yard sale (a YARD SALE!!) the week after having her baby! I can't even fathom finding the energy to have a yard sale now, and it's been three years since I last gave birth.

Here's Rachel holding her youngest, and I'm holding baby Gabriel. (and no we didn't plan to wear matching shirts).

It was so good to see them again, and I'm doing my best to resist the urge to have another baby. Though I will say it sure isn't easy when nearly everyone I talk to lately keeps asking me when we are going to have another one. Why is this, I wonder? I'm just going to assume it's because we totally look like we have this parenting thing under control and because our always well-behaved children are so grown up and mature acting.
(Like I said, I'm assuming here. Just go with me on this one, okay?)

No comments: