Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chuckles

Claire: Mom, what is a president?
Me: a president is someone who is in charge of things.
Claire: What kind of president is Barack Obama?
Me: He's the President of the United States.
Claire: That's what kind of president I want to be when I grow up.

Ben: I want to be president too!

(brief moment of silence while Claire ponders this.)

Claire: Mom, are there presidents of each state?
Me: No, the people in charge of states are called governors.

(Claire turns to her brother)

Claire: Ben, you can be a governor.


________________________________________


Claire: Mom, what does my name mean again?
Me: It means "clear, bright and light."
Claire: What does Ben's name mean?
Me: It means "son of my right hand."

(silence)

Claire: Well, then I'm the daughter of your left hand.

No comments: