Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last Day of School

I'm a little behind on my blogging . . . Claire's last day of preschool was last Thursday, and we enjoyed a family picnic with all of her classmates and their families. The above picture is of Claire with her best buddy, Alexandra (Alex) and her twin brother, Ethan. Of all the girls for Claire to befriend, Alex was the least likely. I remember telling her teacher that Claire was talking alot about Alex at home. Her teacher was quiet for a minute and then said, "Really . . . because Claire is so quiet, and, well, Alex . . . isn't." I guess opposites really do attract. I think Alex was exactly what Claire needed to help her break out of her shell, to relax and really enjoy her school year.


Ben really enjoyed playing on the playground. Here he is "biving" the car.


Claire adored her teachers, Miss Cheryl (pronounced "Shirl" in Kingspeak) and Miss Tina pictured below.



Her teachers and the playschool director wanted us to enroll Claire in the Kindergarten Readiness program for next year because she is older than most of her classmates and because she is "so smart" (their words, not mine, though I happen to agree!). We decided, however, to keep her in the M,W,F 4 year old class. I'm not ready for her to go to school every day, nor am I ready for her to have homework!!! Though, I do think she is really ready to get this schooling business out of the way. She has big plans for the future, including being a landscaper so she can work with her daddy, becoming a pilot, and then being Ben's teacher. However, she did tell me the other day that she also plans on being a dentist. This totally blew me away as she nearly passes out with fear at the dentist's office. I guess she is determined to face that fear!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi, Naomi ("N" is for how nice you are...especially to me...oh, the memories!),

I visit Kelly Johnson's blog from time to time and saw your blog highlighted on her blog. That is how I found you. But, be prepared...word gets around fast!

Emily