Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I know that I am a blessed mother. I really can't imagine my life without my two babies in it.

My day began with breakfast in bed - coffee and raisin bran. The menu was Claire's idea as she wanted to give me what I always like to eat. We had a great day at church, brunch at a local restaurant and spent the rest of the day enjoying the beautiful weather outside. Claire also treated me to a show of her recent baton twirling techniques. This mostly consisted of her barely tossing it in the air and then threading it in circle eight's between her legs. You had to be there to totally appreciate it, trust me.

I took a picture of the card Claire made me. She worked on it a little all week and kept it "hidden" (right on her dresser) for several days. She and I are holding hands in the picture. She has "the blue eyes and mom has the greeny blue ones."

The indication of true love for a mommy? - sharing the precious contents of your piggy bank.



1 comment:

The Stums said...

You know that in her mind, that baton was 20 feet in the air and the circles were so fast no human could see them! I love her.