Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More Summer Catch Up

That's it. I can't put this off any longer. It's September, for gosh sakes! I have several "back to school" posts already lined up, but I just have to get the rest of these summer posts up first.

So, even though the sky is cerulean blue and the crispness of Fall is right around the corner, just pretend you are back in the sweaty summer.



One of our last days in Ohio included a trip to the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. This trip is one that every Ohio child of school age has made at least once with the rest of her classmates, but my kids had never been, and we thought they (mostly Ben) would enjoy seeing all the big planes.



Kayli and Claire posing outside the museum while we waited for the rest of the family to catch up.






Yes, he's almost 4 and still in a stroller. It's more for containment purposes at this point. If you have a 3 year old boy, then you know what I mean.




Now, are you ready for lots of pictures of people posing with planes?

Here they come!




Open your eyes, Zach!


This next one is my favorite. My dad recalls seeing this exact plane during a field trip when he was in 5th grade.

I'm sure you can imagine just how funny it was for a 10 year old boy. I can just hear the whispered jokes now.




The Bockscar dropped one of the atom bombs to end WWII.





I think I've mentioned before about 3 and 4 year old boys and their "cheese" faces? I present the following evidence for just how difficult it is to get a genuine smile for the camera out of these monkeys.






Uncle Zach, Uncle Jesse, Kayli, Claire, Zeke, Tristyn, and Noah - posing with the rockets. What could be more natural?



Probably the highlight of the trip, for the grown-ups anyway, was getting to tour some of the former Air Force Ones.







Mommy, take a picture of me!




All the cousins!


It was a fun trip with Papa Bill, and my kids walked away very excited about it. Well, actually, I think Ben was probably more excited about getting to ride on a school bus to one of the plane hangers, but oh well.



We also spent a couple nights at Grandma's house due to the great AC revolt of the summer.



Storytime. So sweet.




We had a great time visiting everyone in Ohio.


Next year, everyone just needs to come visit us!

No comments: