Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Claire and Kayli Jo

Just two months separate Claire and Kayli as far as their ages go, but many miles separate them from each other. Not having seen each other since Christmas was no barrier for these two, however. Kayli hopped in our car on the way to the zoo, and she and Claire picked up right where they left off. These two are like peas in a pod. Or, rather, like one pea and one carrot. Soon they were laughing at each other and playing games. But, like I said, one is a pea, and one a carrot. Or, as evidenced by their favorite animals, one a giraffe and the other a cheetah (guess which is which). These two are very different. While Claire is shy and timid, afraid of much, Kayli is fairly fearless and gets her kicks from telling jokes. For example, on the way to the zoo, I asked her to tell me one. This is what she came up with:

Kayli: What does the Snoop Dog (fairly certain she thought she was talking about snoopy here) use to wash his clothes?
Me: Um, I don't know. What?
Kayli: BleeAtch!

Yes, that's what she said. I burst out laughing. Her response? "Heh, heh, that's pretty funny, right?" Claire's response? "Kayli, what's bleeAtch?" Kayli replies, "Oh, I don't know. I think it's nothing." Having no idea what she is saying only adds to the hilarity of these jokes. And yes, Seth told her that joke.

As further evidence of their respective characteristics, the picture below was taken after trading in their tickets at the Magic Castle (like Chucky Cheese). Claire picked a ring, a candy bracelet, and a slinky as her prizes. Kayli? A pirate eye patch and purple vampire teeth.

Here's Kayli running around acting crazy while Claire just stands and laughs at her. This scene tends to play out in various other formats throughout their time together.


For all their differences, these two are the best of buddies. I really wish we lived closer so that they could play together more often.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope someday you get to move back. It looks like they would be the best of buds.

The Stums said...

I'm still laughing at the snoop dog joke. I'm going to retell it 100 times. Stinking hilarious!